Avocado toast is a favorite of many. And quite trendy lately! Well add some sunflower goodness to your favorite green snack or lunch dish and add some flavor, nutrients and nuttiness. This easy recipe includes accents of lemon, cayenne, nutty sunflower seeds and of course plenty of spring green avocado – all buttery delicious!..
Sunflower Avocado Toast
vegan, serves 2
1 avocado, pitted and mashed
2 Tbsp raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sunflower sprouts
1/2 lemon + pinch of zest
salt and pepper to taste
2 slices sprouted grain toast
1. Add the avocado and lemon to a bowl and mash well.
2. Using a nut and seed grinder (or a coffee grinder!) grind you sunflower seeds until fine and powdery. Add them to the avocado mixture and fold well. Boost it: Add in 1 tsp ground flax seeds for an added nutrient boost!
3. Fold in cayenne, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Toast your bread and add the avocado mixture. Top with sunflower sprouts or your favorite sprout. Serve!
Optional: drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on top and an added spritz of lemon juice!
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life. Get Kathy’s book, 365 Vegan Smoothies: Boost Your Health With a Rainbow of Fruits and Veggies, available on Amazon. Follow Kathy on Instagram. And Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.
More on Family Kitchen:
* 11 Ways to Stuff an Avocado
* Taco-Stuffed Avocado
* Spring Edamame Hummus Dip
* Meyer Lemon Ginger Tropical Fruit Salad
* Flour-Free Baking Tip!
* Savory Spinach Lemon Bean Dip
* Sweet Citrus Avocado Dip
* Sweet green smoothie for spring
* Sunflower Avocado Toast