This Swirled Double Pumpkin Cream Pie is cool and creamy with the rich fall flavor of pumpkin swirled throughout. Rich pumpkin coconut milk whip is dolloped on top of each pumpkin-cream-cheese swirled serving. Gingersnap cookie crust. Cinnamon and ginger spices warm each spoonful. If you are looking for a comfort food style dessert for fall that is surprisingly healthy-delicious – grab this vegan recipe!..
This dessert is creamy yet dairy-free, and filled with healthy ingredients. Tofu adds protein. Pumpkin adds a wide variety of nutrients including vitamins A, C and K, potassium and more. Plus, the coconut milk whip completes this dairy-free dessert recipe!
Swirled Double Pumpkin Cream Pie
vegan, makes one pie or 4 parfaits
Pumpkin Coconut Cream Whipped Topping
1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
dash of cinnamon
Cream Cheese Swirl
1/3 cup tofu/soy cream cheese
1 Tbsp maple syrup
3 Tbsp confectioners sugar
pinch of salt (optional)
Pumpkin Pudding (recipe here) – makes about 3 cups
blend into pudding: 2/3 cup tofu/soy cream cheese
for extra firmness dissolve 1 Tbsp of agar agar into 1/2 cup of soy milk – add to mixture
1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnaps
2 Tbsp vegan buttery spread, Earth Balance – softened
1. First crush gingersnaps to make your gingersnap crust. Toss the crumbs with the softened vegan butter and place in 400 degree oven for 7 minutes to crisp up. Remove – set aside.
2. Prepare your pumpkin pudding according to these instructions. Add in the vegan cream cheese to the pudding as well. Lastly, if you want your pudding layer to have extra ‘gel’ you can add in some agar agar. Learn more about agar agar here.
3. Pour your pumpkin pudding into the cookie crust.
4. Prepare your cream cheese swirl by softening the cream cheese to room temperature and whipping it by hand with the Tbsp of maple syrup. Then swirl this layer into the poured pumpkin pudding using a knife or toothpick. Place you pudding pie int he fridge to chill.
5. Prepare your pumpkin coconut whip by opening the can of coconut milk. Remove the top 3/4 of the can – this should be the milky white part of the milk. Add to a mixing bowl. Add the pumpkin, cinnamon and confectioners sugar. Using a hand beater, beat until fluffy. Place the whipped topping in the fridge to chill – OR you can prepare the whipped topping right before serving the pudding pie for the fluffiest results.
6. Dash of cinnamon and cayenne for some optional spice – and serve chilled!