- 200g bulgar wheat
- 1 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 large bunch flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
Pour the bulgar wheat into a mixing bowl and add the water and oil. Mix through and set aside for half an hour so the wheat can
begin to absorb the liquid and begin to soften.
Add the chopped tomatoes. Mix through and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Just before serving, add the chopped parsley and mint and mix through. Taste and season as necessary.
- This salad just gets better and better as it absorbs the different flavors – there are many salads that are better the day after!
- Yes, you can find recipes for tabouli with all sorts of wild ingredients but sticking with the essentials will give you the real-deal tabouli.