10 Healthy Potato Recipes for Memorial Daykathypatalsky
Try these all-American potato recipes – perfect for your Memorial Day weekend gatherings. And who says that potato salad, french fries and more have to be ‘diet busting’ recipes? No way. These flavor-infused recipes are lighter than ever to let you enjoy potato bliss without wrecking your healthy diet. Check out my favorite ten potato recipes for Memorial Day – plus my recipe for Crunchy Green Peppery Potato Salad..
Crunchy Green Peppery Potato Salad
makes about 6 servings
1 lb mini potatoes, cubed
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1/3 cup vegan mayo
2 Tbsp maple syrup
3/4 tsp fine black pepper
dash of sea salt
1 cup celery
1 cup green apple slices
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, rice vinegar or use lemon juice – your choice
optional: a few dashes green or white pepper (adds a unique layer of zesty flavor)
Boil potatoes until tender. Cool.
Toss with ingredients.
Chill in fridge until salad is cool.
My Ten Fave Potato Recipes for Memorial Day
1. Crunchy Zesty Green Potato Salad (recipe above) – celery, green apple, spicy creamy dressing.
2. Cilantro Red Potato Salad – also a wrap! Infused with cilantro flavor.
3. Sweet Potato Glow Spirals – mashed sweet potatoes wrapped up into friendly grab-n-go spirals.
4. Creamy Dill Potato Salad – dill and potatoes, the perfect combo.
5. My Sweet Potato Mash – garlic, parsley add the flavors to this sweet and smooth sweet potato mash.
6. Potato Alfredo Pasta – potato-creamy dairy-free “Alfredo” pasta.
7. Savory Trio Boardwalk Fries – oven-baked fries, triple the potatoes.
8. Savory Roasted Tiny Taters – cheezy!
9. Triple Spiced Potatoes Au Gratin – creamy, rich and dairy-free.
10. Ridiculously Easy Potato-Cheddar Soup, vegan. Thick and creamy potato soup accented by savory sharp vegan cheddar cheese.
Perfect Pairing -> Veg-tastic Memorial Day BBQ recipes!