With the temperatures falling I am totally in the mood for gooey mac and cheese. It is totally the comfort food of winter and we at The Family Kitchen have some great recipes to share with you. I also am excited to share some great tips for making the absolute best mac and cheese that were featured on The Daily Meal. Check out the tips first and then choose which recipe to make.
The Daily Meal swears by these steps for making awesome Mac & Cheese. Read-up and then check out the amazing Family Kitchen Mac-n-Cheese recipes and decide where to start first!
1) Cheese Choice: The type of cheese you use is of paramount importance. A blend of nutty cheddar and smooth melting jack is recommended!
2) Better Butter: A smooth butter is best, start with unsalted and add your own salt as needed.
3) Noodles & Cooking: Choose a noodle like penne because the tub sucks up the cheese. Cook the noodle until just al dente before stirring in the cheese sauce and baking.
4) Hint of Spice: A little hint of spice is always nice. Chipotle powder or dry mustard add particularly great flavor to cheese sauce.
5) Crispy Crust: Let the casserole sit for about a minute under the broiler, or until it develops a nice crispy crust.
Check out here for The Daily Meal’s BEST Mac-n-Cheese Recipe!
Photo by Laura’s Recipes