If you’re craving up a cup o’ joe…and having a sudden, mad hankering for a scoop of ice cream…this recipe says, ‘ why not have it all?’ A simple way to serve up a homemade cappuccino-like drink, without any sort of fancy barista gear. With the creamy goodness of vanilla bean ice cream, a good bit of chocolate, and a steaming mug of coffee to top it all off!
Hot Coffee Ice Cream Float
- 1 cup prepared instant espresso or coffee, steaming hot
- 1 tablespoon dark hot cocoa mix
- 1 scoop vanilla bean ice cream
Whisk hot cocoa mix into coffee. Drop scoop of ice cream right in. Sip and enjoy immediately!
- Caramel Cream Float: Add caramel or hazelnut syrup to the mix, and omit the hot cocoa mix
- Kahlua Coffee Float: Omit the hot cocoa mix, and add a shot of Kahlua for a grown-up drink
- Mocha Float: Place a spoonful of chocolate ice cream in your coffee, instead of the vanilla, for a truly scrumptious treat!