Three Delicious Recipes to Make with Tribe HummusKelsey Banfield
One of the things people may not realize about hummus is that it makes a great ingredient for making other foods. Hummus is WAY more than a dip. It can be used as a vegetable spread, deviled egg filler, and even in salad dressing! Here are three of my favorite recipes to make with hummus, all courtesy of Tribe Hummus. I wonder, now that you know hummus can be used for so many different things what will you try first?
Hummus Deviled Eggs
1/3 cup Tribe All Natural Horseradish hummus or Tribe Original Flavor
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for garnish
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Put eggs in a medium pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, remove pot from heat, and let sit 14 minutes. Fill a large bowl with ice water. With a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to ice water bath (reserve hot water in pot).
- Cool eggs at least 10 minutes, then use a slotted spoon to transfer eggs back to hot water (to loosen shells) for 10 to 20 seconds. Pat dry and peel.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out egg yolks and put them in a medium bowl. Add hummus, olive oil, pepper, salt, and horseradish. Mash mixture together with a fork. Spoon filling into egg white halves, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with black pepper.
The Mini Park Ave Pizza
Goat Cheese Crumbles
All Natural, Whole Wheat Mini Pie Crust
Tribe All Natural Chipotle Hummus
- Spread 1/2 tbsp olive oil on crust
- Spread 2 to 3 tbsp of hummus depending on the size of your mini crust.
- Grilled vegetables – I used 3 round slices of zucchini, and 3 round slices of yellow squash, then quartered them.
- Add goat cheese crumbles
- Set oven to 425, place pizza crust direclty on rack for crispier crust, cook for 8 to 12 minutes. Or follow specific cooking directions for your pizza crust.
Creamy Cucumber and Kalamata Olive Salad
1 English cucumber, halved, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
6 oz feta cheese, cut or crumbled into 1″ cubes
1-cup cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ cup roughly chopped mint leaves
3 oz extra virgin olive oil (for dressing)
1 oz red wine vinegar (for dressing)
2T Tribe classic hummus (for dressing)
sea salt and black pepper (for dressing)
- Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, and hummus.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss all ingredients together.
For more recipes to make with hummus check out these amazing recipes on Tribe Hummus!
Photo and recipes courtesy of Tribe Hummus
Some more posts from The Naptime Chef:
Read more from Kelsey on Kelsey’s blog!