I recently made an amazingly easy-delicious vegan caramel apple and hope everyone who loves caramel apples gives this coconut milk (instead of dairy milk or cream) version a try. I was shocked to find that veganizing caramel sauce is not only super easy, but also super delicious. And the best part if that your can still use minimal ingredients. Just three to be exact. Get my recipe for Three Ingredient Vegan Caramel Apples…
For a more extensive recipe using crushed walnuts, chocolate, sea salt and some vanilla, visit my recipe on Healthy. Happy. Life. But for a bare bones recipe that works like a dream, try this one below.
Three Ingredient Caramel Apples
vegan, makes one large caramel apple
You will need three ingredients:
1 – apple (washed + dried well)
2 – organic granulated sugar
3 – coconut cream (from full fat coconut milk*)
*coconut cream can be obtained by scooping the firm white stuff off the top of a can of coconut milk – chill the can first for easiest scooping)
1. Add 3-4 Tbsp of sugar to a saute pan, over high heat.
2. Add 2 Tbsp coconut cream. Melt and stir briskly until the mixture is bubbling. Do this for about a minute or two until all the sugar is dissolved.
3. Reduce heat to low and stir for another minute.
4. Turn off heat, pour mixture into a small bowl and place in the fridge until is chills to a sticky state. Usually 20 minutes.
5. Dip apple in the caramel and your apple is done!
Get troubleshooting tips and more for vegan caramel apples on Healthy. Happy. Life.
photo credit: Kathy Patalsky
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
More on Family Kitchen:
* Dark Chocolate Maple Cocoa
* 11 Flavors that Pair with Pumpkin
* 16 Vegan Slow Cooker Recipes + Giveaway
* 25 Genius Recipes that Infuse Fall into Breakfast
* 10 Spooky Vegan Recipes for October
* Speculoos Pecan Maple Cheesecake (vegan)
* Healthy Fall Pumpkin – get the facts!