Tuesday is Mardi Gras, French for Fat Tuesday (also known as Shrove Tuesday), referring to the practice of eating rich, fatty foods on the night before the ritual fasting of Lent, which begins on Ash Wednesday.
Pancakes, which are typically cooked in fat, are traditional Fat Tuesday fare. Here are ten great pancake recipes to inspire you – on Fat Tuesday and every weekend morning throughout the year.
Top Ten Pancake Recipes for Fat Tuesday
1. Quinoa Pumpkin Pancakes
2. Chocolate Banana Pancakes
3. Yogurt Pancakes with Blackberry Sauce
4. Flax Pancakes with Maple Braised Apples
5. Bette’s Diner Buttermilk Pancakes
6. Classic Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
7. Thin Pancakes (Crêpes) with Sauteed Apples and Whipped Cream
8. Cinnamon Roll Pancakes with Buttermilk Syrup
9. Buckwheat Pancakes with Berries
10. Cornmeal Buttermilk Pancakes with Blueberry-Pear Syrup
Click here for more mardi gras recipes!