You can only eat so many turkey leftover sandwiches before you detest Thanksgiving for leaving you with so much turkey. Once I’ve had enough sandwiches, I like to mix shredded leftover turkey with some green salsa and make delicious turkey taquitos. Mmmmmm, the crunchy tortilla shell breaks perfectly with the chomp of your teeth and leads you to the moist spicy turkey on the inside. For an added bonus, smash an avocado with a little bit of lime juice and some salt …..and you got a heavenly guacamole to accompany your taquitos. Now isn’t it easy to love turkey again?
Ingredients for Turkey Taquitos:
- 3 – cups shredded left over turkey
- 3 – teaspoons green salsa
- 12 – corn tortillas
- 12 – toothpicks
- 1/2 – cup vegetable oil
- In a bowl mix turkey and green salsa together to combine. Set to the side.
- Over an open flame, heat each tortilla on both sides to heat. Then place in a tortilla warmer or a thick towel to keep warm. This allows for easy rolling and no breaks in tortilla.
- Fill the center of the tortilla with 1/4 cup of turkey mixture. Then roll up the tortilla to make a cylinder shape. Stick a toothpick through the edge to ensure closure. Repeat till all tortillas are used.
- In a large frying pan over a medium high heat add vegetable oil. Allow to get hot.
- Add in taquitos, and fry on each side for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy with guacamole, sour cream, refried beans or/ and a green salad.
For more recipes by Nicole Presley, visit her blog Presley’s Pantry.
Look at all the beautiful photos Nicole has pinned on Pinterest.