It’s January–the season of healthy eating–and you can keep sticking with your resolutions with this gorgeous recipes for simple chocolate souffles. Though Souffle seems like a finicky dessert, you’ll be surprised by how simple they are to pull together! Just grab a few basic ingredients and pull together this gorgeous dessert…which weighs in at just 404 calories per serving!
Soufflés may look like a restaurant-only dessert, but they are actually easy to make. Whip them up right after dinner and enjoy while they’re still warm from the oven.
3 tablespoons sugar, granulated – divided
2 ½ ounces chocolate, bitter or semi-sweet – chopped
1 large egg(s)
2 large egg white(s)
1 tablespoon cream, heavy
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1/8 teaspoon salt
Sugar, powdered – as garnish, optional
1. Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 375°F. Lightly coat two 10-ounce ramekins with cooking spray; coat the insides of each with 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar.
2. Place chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Whisk egg yolk and cream in a medium bowl until combined. Whisk in the chocolate until smooth, then whisk in flour and cinnamon until incorporated.
4. Beat egg whites and salt in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Beat in the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in four additions, until stiff, glossy peaks form.
5. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold half the beaten whites into the chocolate mixture until fairly smooth; then gently fold this combined mixture back into the remaining egg whites until no white streaks remain.
6. Divide between the prepared ramekins and place on a baking sheet. Bake until puffed and firm to the touch, 18 to 22 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy: Better Eats