Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Pie Cookieskathypatalsky
These tender little morsels of cookie bliss are how you cram all that pumpkin pie flavor you love in one portable bite. These Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Pie Cookies are perfect for holiday parties, gift bags or to pair with your Pumpkin Spice Latte on a rainy afternoon. Grab this delicious fall dessert recipe..
Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Pie Cookies
vegan, makes 16-20 cookies (depending on size)
1 1/2 cups pecans, raw
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp flour, organic
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree, unsweetened
topping for rolling: organic powdered sugar an/or coconut shreds
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Process the pecans in a Vitamix or food processor until crumbly. Thicker crumbles will make for chunkier cookies, while finer pecan meal will make for a smoother cookie texture.
3. Combine the pecans, spices, salt, maple syrup and pumpkin. Fold in the coconut oil. Lastly, fold in the flour.
4. Place the dough in the fridge for about twenty minutes to firm up a bit.
5. Shape the dough into balls and roll each ball in the coconut and/or sugar. Place on a greased baking sheet.
6. Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes. These cookies are quite versatile and can be baked for shorter or longer periods of time depending on how soft you want the texture to be.
7. Pull from the oven and toss the hot cookies in the sugar and or coconut again. This keeps a fresh coating on top, while the other coating slightly baked into the cookies.
8. Serve warm if desired, or place in the fridge to allow the cookies to firm up a bit for a more “chilled pumpkin pie” texture to them.
photo credit: Kathy Patalsky
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
More on Family Kitchen: