Vegan Pumpkin Macadamia Sconeskathypatalsky
These Vegan Pumpkin Macadamia Nut Scones are warm and moist with a fluffy buttery texture almost like a sweet biscuit or an oversized cake-y cookie. These scones are the perfect use for any leftover cans of pumpkin you may have in your pantry from Thanksgiving. Decadent and light at the same time. Cinnamon spice and crunchy macadamia nuts accent the cozy pumpkin flavors. Add in an optional pinch of dried cranberries too. Get this recipe..
Vegan Pumpkin Macadamia Scones
vegan, makes about one dozen scones
2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup agave and/or maple syrup
1 stick of vegan butter (softened to a blendable texture)
1 Tbsp safflower oil (vegetable oil)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
8 ounces of pure canned pumpkin
1/3 cup macadamia nuts (sub pecans or your have nut if you’d like!)
handful of cranberries (optional)
shallow bowl of sugar for rolling scones in before placing on baking sheet
1. Combine the baking soda, flour, salt, cinnamon
2. Add in the sweetener, butter, oil, vanilla, pumpkin. Fold well until all the pumpkin is absorbed by the dry ingredients. Fold in the nuts and optional cranberries.
3. Fold in the vinegar last.
4. You can either chill in freezer for more refined scooping – or use the soft dough as is. Roll dough clumps in sugar to coat. Place on baking sheet.
5. Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes – or until edges begin to brown.
14 High Tea Recipes: Scones, coffee cake, and more “fancy” desserts!