Watermelon Jello Shootersbellalimento
While perusing my new favorite past time pinterest, I came across these cutie patutie watermelon jello shooters. I’ve actually seen these done before but on a much larger scale. Using the lime for the “watermelon” rind was a brilliant idea. Not to mention the perfect size shooter portion. How adorable would these be at your next picnic or get together this summer? You’ll be the hit of the party. Note: The hardest part will be hollowing out the limes. You’ll want to be sure to remove ALL of the pith. It’s easiest done with a sharp pairing knife. If you don’t remove it all the shooter will be bitter.
I used caraway seeds here for the photo for a seeded look, you could also garnish with mini chocolate chips for the “seeds”. You could also substitute cherry jello instead of strawberry.
Adapted from That’s So Michelle
“Watermelon” Jello Shooters
What you’ll need:
8 limes – halved
1 box of strawberry jello
1 cup hot water
3/4 cup citrus vodka – chilled
1/4 cup cold water
to make seeds: garnish with caraway seeds or mini chocolate chips
What to do:
1. Juice limes. Reserve lime juice for another recipe if desired. Using a small pairing knife to remove all of the membranes from the inside of each peel.
2. Into a bowl add: jello mix, hot water. Whisk to combine.
3. Add vodka and water. Whisk to combine.
4. Place limes onto a baking sheet or they sit beautifully into a mini muffin pan for stability. Carefully pour the jello mixture equally between the limes. Transfer to refrigerator for a minimum of four hours.
5. When limes have set, cut in half.