The season of candy corns, bobbing for apples, and pumpkin carving is finally here! Do you and your family have a favorite homemade Halloween treat you love to celebrate the ghoulish holiday with?
If so, share a picture of your treat to be entered in our official “My Family’s Favorite Food” monthly contest! Readers will then vote on the best homemade Halloween treat, and the winning snack’s chef will win a plethora of pumpkin-themed goodies — plus they’ll have their recipe featured on “Family Kitchen”.
Read about the prizes after the jump!
The winning Halloween treat chef will win this awesome pumpkin prize pack, featuring:
- Pumpkin pie from Centerville Pie Co.
- Large jar candle in Pumpkin Buttercream from Yankee Candle
- 2 bags of Pumpkin Spice Coffee from New England Coffee Co.
Pumpkin Pie from Centerville Pie Co. 1 of 3This pumpkin pie from Cape Cod-based pie shop Centerville Pie Company is made with a signature light, flaky crust that Oprah Winfrey herself has declared delicious!
Large Jar Candle in Pumpkin Buttercream from Yankee Candle 2 of 3This creamy combination of two classics, Buttercream and Spiced Pumpkin, gives a more delectable, indulgent and gourmet approach to your typical pumpkin candle.
Pumpkin Spice Coffee from New England Coffee Co. (2 bags) 3 of 3New England Coffee Company's delicious pumpkin spice coffee is the perfect complement to a crisp fall day with its rich blend of sweet pumpkin flavor infused with Breakfast Blend gourmet beans and sprinkled with a delicate mixture of spices.
1. Email a picture of your family’s favorite homemade Halloween treat to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact information, and a little bit of info about the treat! Put “My Family’s Favorite Food” in the subject line. The deadline to enter is ï»¿12pm EST Friday, October 21.
How it Works:
1. After the two-week submission period (10/7/11 – 10/21/11) we’ll put all the photos into a slideshow right here on Family Kitchen and open the contest up to reader votes.
2. Voting will begin at 12pm on Monday, October 24 and end at 5pm on Friday, October 28. The treat with the most reader votes will win the prize pack and be featured on Family Kitchen, along with the recipe!
Need some inspiration for Halloween goodies? Try these 15 Spooktactular Halloween Party Recipes for Kids