The glorious November day of turkeys, bowls upon bowls of stuffing, and pumpkin pie overload is almost here! (Can you hear our stomachs rumbling?) And we want to know what your beloved Turkey Day dishes are!
Share a picture of your family’s favorite homemade Thanksgiving side dish to be entered in our “My Family’s Favorite Food” contest! Readers will then vote on the best dish, and the winning chef will win a totally delicious prize pack courtesy of Hickory Farms — plus they’ll have their recipe featured here on Family Kitchen!
Read about the prizes after the jump!
The winning Thanksgiving side dish chef will receive these goodies from Hickory Farms:
- Orchard’s Bounty Gift Basket featuring a plethora of succulent fruits
- Party Planner Gift Box boasting an array of sausages and cheeses
- Famously Thin Peanut Brittle (just like from an old-fashioned corner store!)
Hickory Farms Orchard’s Bounty Gift Basket 1 of 3The fresh fruit lover will adore this basket filled with a hand packed-to-order assortment of Fuji apples, Mandarin oranges, and luscious Red D'Anjou and Crown Comice® pears. Includes Hickory Farms' signature beef summer sausage, farmhouse cheddar, and roasted mix nuts in a keepsake Peterboro® Basket.
Retail value: $78
Hickory Farms Party Planner Gift Box 2 of 3This gift is a flavorful array of Hickory Farms' savory summer sausage and smooth and creamy cheeses with all the trimmings. With every one sold this year, they will donate $5 to Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry® Campaign!
Retail value: $45
Hickory Farms Famously Thin Peanut Brittle 3 of 3Remember the crunchy sweetness of peanut brittle from the corner store? Made with peanuts of the highest quality with no added oils, Hickory Farms' secret recipe is sure to transport you back to holidays past with family and friends.
Retail value: $30
1. Email a photo of your family’s favorite Thanksgiving side dish to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact information, and a little bit of info about the dish! Put “My Family’s Favorite Food” in the subject line. The deadline to enter is ï»¿12pm EST Friday, November 18.
How it Works:
1. After the two-week submission period (11/4/11 11/18/11) we’ll put all the photos into a slideshow right here on Family Kitchen and open the contest up to reader votes.
2. Voting will begin at 12pm on Monday, November 21 and end at 5pm on Friday, November 25. The dish with the most reader votes will win the prize pack and be featured on Family Kitchen, along with the recipe!
Happy Turkey Day!
Sick of the typical Thanksgiving Day turkey? Check out these 10 turkey alternatives!