Does your family have certain holiday traditions that you do each year? My family certainly does. When December rolls around each year, we build a fire, and watch Christmas movies every evening. We each have favorites we must watch each year. A favorite for each one of us is Elf so it is the first on the list every year. Another thing we always do is make Christmas cookies. Everyone makes their favorite cookie requests for me to bake.
Peanut butter cookies have always been one of my husband’s and mother’s favorite cookies. They can both be really picky about these cookies. I made several different recipes before I finally developed the one they both think are the best. Most of the time, they want their cookies plain. They don’t want anything added, just basic peanut butter cookies. Since they both like white chocolate, I knew they would love these white chocolate peanut butter cookies with white chocolate chips added to the batter. I decided to be even more adventurous and top each cookie with melted white chocolate. Wow! These are scrumptious.
I was right! They both love these cookies. Make some for your family and see if they like them as much as my family does.
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugars, and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, being sure to fully combine each.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients and cream with peanut butter mixture until just combined. Add 1 cup white chocolate chips and just blend. Be careful not to overmix.
- Scoop dough and roll into a ball and place on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart as cookies will spread.
- Dip tines of fork in sugar and then press into the top of the cookie to form a criss-cross pattern.
- Place in preheated oven and bake between 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit to cool about 2 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled, mix white chocolate chips and shortening into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cook on high power for 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted. Stir after each interval.
- Drop melted chocolate by teaspoonful onto each cookie.