Wild Rice, Mango, And Arugula SaladNicole Presley
I have ventured into the world of wild rice and don’t think I’ll be turning back anytime soon. I was at a fancy organic market the other day and looking through the already made deli section and came across a wild rice salad. I pulled my number and waited my turn to order my obnoxiously expensive small container of salad. As I dug my fork in I realized the salad was bit on the bland side and needed some pizzazz, but I did like the slight bite the wild rice gave the salad. I thought, “I’ll never buy this salad again, I’ll just go home and make something extraordinary that my family will love.” My Mom was over that day, so I add mangos and arugula to please her palate. It was a win win and gone in minutes.
Wild Rice Mango And Arugula Salad 1 of 9
This salad is great to make in advance and keeps for up to 3 days.
Ingredients 2 of 9
Some of the ingredients needed for this salad.
Boiling Chicken Broth And Wild Rice 3 of 9
Boiling chicken broth and wild rice. Bring mixture to a boil.
Put A Lid On It 4 of 9
Once mixture is boiling, place a lid on the pot and lower flame to a simmer. Simmer for 45 minutes.
Drain 5 of 9
Place rice in a strainer and run under cold water. Let drain completely.
Veggies In A Bowl 6 of 9
Mix all veggies in a bowl.
Add In The Rice 7 of 9
Top veggies with rice, and mix to combine!
Add In The Mango 8 of 9
The mango is not only delicious, it gives this salad a lift of color!
Dressing 9 of 9
Pour in the dressing and give it a final mix. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Wild Rice Mango Arugula Salad:
- 1 – cup black wild rice
- 2 1/3 – cups chicken broth
- 1 – cup cucumber (chopped into cubes)
- 1 – cup panela cheese (chopped into cubes)
- 6 – basil leaves (chopped into strips)
- 20 – cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/4 – cup pine nuts
- 1/2 – cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 – cup diced pear
- 1 – cup arugula
- 1 – large avocado (diced)
- 1/2 – cup red onion (chopped)
- 1 – cup mango (diced)
For the dressing:
- 1/2 – cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1/4 – cup olive oil (I use Roland Foods)
- 1 – teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- In a pot over a medium high flame add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add in rice and return to a boil. Once boiling place a lid on the pot and lower flame to simmer. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and let rice rest in pot for 10 minutes.
- Place rice in a strainer and rinse under cold water. Let drain completely.
- In a large bowl add cucumber, panela cheese, basil, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, dried cranberries, pear, arugula, avocado, and red onion. Mix well to combine.
- Pour drained black rice into veggies. Mix well.
- Then add in the mango and give it another mix.
- In a small bowl or cup mix all ingredients for dressing and pour over the salad.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.