As the days get shorter and shorter and greeting the day with a burst of sunlight seems like a blissful wish, it takes an extra boost to get us out of bed in the morning. Whether your trick for waking up in the morning is downing a large pot of steaming coffee, taking a long, hot shower, or going for a 5-mile run around the park — we want to hear how you get yourself ready for the day!
Comment on this post with your best tip for getting yourself out of bed for your chance to win a Cuisinart 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker and a year’s supply of 8 O’Clock Coffee! Check out these 2 awesome prizes … and get 8 O’Clock Coffee’s eight tips for brewing up the perfect cup of holiday celebration, after the jump!
8 Tips for Brewing Up the Perfect Holiday Celebration
1. Be your own ‘brewista’. Create a coffee house vibe and offer guests tasty toppings like cinnamon, cocoa, nutmeg, ginger, and flavored creamers.
2. Enjoy coffee any time. Break tradition — hosts don’t have to wait until the end of the meal to begin brewing. Welcome guests to a warm, cozy home filled with the fragrant aroma of coffee. Visitors won’t be able to resist a cup the minute they remove their coats.
3. Open coffee-themed gifts before the holidays. Don’t wait until the night of your soiree to unveil that brand new French press. Play it safe and test out new coffee makers and brewing gadgets long before company comes.
4. Create delicious dessert dishes using coffee ingredients. Create chocolate and coffee-flavored cupcakes, a coffee crumb bunt cake, or a batch of coffee brownies; they’ll pair perfectly with a cup of your favorite coffee.
5. Take it to go. Stock up on holiday-themed to-go cups with lids, and send guests home with a fresh cup of Eight O’Clock Coffee for the road — a must for visitors with a long drive ahead.
6. Buy decaffeinated coffee. Make sure you have options — be prepared for caffeine-conscious guests.
7. Purchase carafes. If brewing coffee in a high-capacity urn, consider storing and serving coffee in carafes after brewing. Carafes keep coffee hot and fresh, while urns may “burn” your brew over time.
8. BYOC: Bring Your Own Coffee. While most partygoers bring wine, you’ll be as distinct and tasteful as your gift of Eight O’Clock Coffee.
Coffee Giveaway Prizes:
Congratulations to Melinda Martinez of Philadelphia, PA who has won the year supply of Eight O’ Clock coffee and Cuisinart coffeemaker. Melinda’s get-out-of-bed tip is to wake up early and start the coffee so the aroma fills the house, building up the excitement for the very first sip. Great tip Melinda!