Zombie Banana French Toastkathypatalsky
Add some spooky-deliciousness to your french toast breakfast with this green Zombie French Toast with sweet banana flavor and a nice dose of fluffy “zombie white” powdered sugar over top. This easy recipe is infused with real bananas, cinnamon and maple syrup flavor. Natural green color too…
The banana and non-dairy milk make the soaking mixture nice and thick so no eggs are needed for this recipe. Add cinnamon to taste. Serve alongside fresh fruit and some extra zombie juice on the side if desired.
Zombie Banana French Toast
vegan, serves 4
4 large slices or 8 small slices day-old bread
banana mixture “zombie juice”
1 1/2 bananas, very ripe
1/2 – 1 cup non-dairy milk (almond or soy work best)
1 tsp maple or agave syrup
a few dashes of cinnamon
1 handful baby spinach
optional: pinch of fresh orange zest
to cook: 1-2 Tbsp Earth Balance Buttery Spread
over top: powdered sugar, organic
1. Blend the zombie banana mixture in a blender until smooth and pale green.
2. Soak the bread in the green banana mixture.
3. Heat the Earth Balance in a hot saute pan. Add i the soaked wet bread.
4. Cook about 3 minutes on each side – you can add an extra drizzle of green liquid about a minute before removing from the pan to leave a nice green pop of color on the surface.
5. Serve with some powdered sugar sprinkled over top – a side of green zombie juice too.
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen: