Elin Nordegren is famous. Famous for having her heart broken that is. Elin wasn’t looking for the limelight when she first hooked up with the extremely successful, talented, golf superstar Tiger Woods. She preferred to keep things low-key. But after her life was turned upside down by Tiger infamous infidelities, she became a household name. A name she felt she had to clear by dishing about her relationship with Tiger to People Magazine. So who is Elin Nordegren, the ex Mrs. Woods?
Here are a dozen things about the one and only Elin:
1. Elin was born 1980 and is now 29-years-old.
2. Way before Tiger, the striking Elin was a swimsuit model.
3. She has an identical twin sister named Josefin who she is very close with.
4. Twins Elin and Josefin were born in the small town of Vaxholm (about 50 miles north of Stockholm) in Sweden.
5. Elin loves children. She wanted to be a child psychologist and worked as a nanny for the Swedish golfer Jesper Parnevik.
6. Tiger met Elin in 2001 when Elin was just 21 at the British Open. He was impressed.
7. The first time Tiger asked her out, she said no. The reason? Because he had a middle man ask her instead of asking her himself. She found that “weird and pathetic.”
8. The two went public with their relationship in March 2002
9. There was once a great big nude photo hoax with pictures of a nude woman who resembled Elin being circulating on the web and stating that is was her. The Irish magazine The Dubliner published the photo and she filed a libel suit against the mag and won.
10. Tiger and Elin got married on October 5th, 2004 at the Sandy lane Resort in Barbados with 200 guests in attendance.
11. Their first child, daughter Sam Alexis, was born in June 2007.
12. Son Charlie was born on February 8th, 2009.
And now she is no longer Mrs. Woods, a new chapter of the book of Elin is about to written. What do you think she should do next?