Maria Shriver is no stranger to life in the spotlight, and now her 20-year old daughter, Katherine Schwarzenegger is making headlines herself. Katherine just released her new book called Rock What You’ve Got: Secrets To Loving Your Inner And Outer Beauty From Someone Who’s Been There And Back.
The book is all about encouraging girls to love and accept their bodies, and even offers a section for moms of teen girls with tips on how to promote a healthy body image for them.
There is no doubt that Katherine’s parents Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger are extremely proud of their daughter, and Maria especially must be beaming to have raised such a confident, amazing girl.
Here are five reasons why she should be more than proud of Katherine:
1. She took the initiative to try and make a difference when she overheard her 8-year old cousins making negative comments about their bodies. Most girls would’ve just fluffed it off as innocent kids’ chatter.
2. She made it her goal to change girls perception and wanted to make sure they knew that they don’t have to look “like they’re on a billboard to be beautiful.”
3. Katherine has achieved so much and is only a junior in college. She is majoring in Communication and Journalism.
4. She speaks so highly of both her parents, and says that her mother, Maria was “reassuring and never judgemental.”
5. She encourages girls to seek advice from their mothers when it comes to the way they feel about their bodies.