Jazz sensation Nikki Yanofsky is certainly causing quite a buzz these days. At only 16-years old, she is the youngest jazz singer ever to be signed to a record label. She also just completed a two night gig at Pizza Express Jazz Clubs, and is gaining attention from legendary musicians as well.
Tony Bennett even called Nikki “the most talented singer since Judy Garland.” That is one huge compliment!
Here are five other things you may not know about the young star:
1. Nikki hails from Canada, and made her big break at the Montreal Jazz Festival in 2006.
2. She can be heard on the Ella Fitzgerald Tribute Album, We All Love Ella: Celebrating The First Lady of Song. Other artists on the album include Etta James and Natalie Cole.
3. She is the singer behind Disney’s “Gotta Go My Way” from the popular High School Musical 2.
4. She earned two Juno nominations for her 2008 album entitled “Ella…Of Thee I Swing.”
5. Nikki recently performed at the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, held in Vancouver.