Many people were surprised when Christina Aguilera married Jordan Bratman. He wasn’t in the limelight, he wasn’t a ‘bad boy,’ and he wasn’t some superstar. The two were married in 2005 in the Napa Valley and it seemed as though Bratman had tamed her wild ways, transforming her from a risk taking rebel into a wife and mother. The two welcomed Max Liron Bratman on January 12, 2008. But this week, it was announced that the seemingly happy couple had split up. So who is Jordan Bratman? And why didn’t the marriage last?
• Jordan Bratman was born in The South Bronx, New York in 1977. He is now 33 years old.
• Music ran in Bratman’s family. His father Jack is a music producer.
• He started his music career early at the age 16 and interned at a couple of different recording studios in New York City.
• Bratman went and got is B.A. in business management at Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana and started scouting out local artist and recording them.
• Bratman met the superstar songstress in 2002 when he worked at her management company and the two got married three years later.
• Aguilera’s song “Ain’t No Other Man” from her record Back to Basic is supposedly about Bratman.
So why did the two break up? Apparently they’ve been separated for several months. “They were very much in love,” the insider told UsWeekly. “But over the last six months, it became clear they were more like friends than husband and wife.” The two even tried to go on an Italian vacation to rekindle the romance but that apparently didn’t work. There are a couple other issues, being a “Hollywood” couple seems to cut a marriage’s lifespan substantially. And Agueilera has no doubt been under extra stress due to the very lukewarm reception of her last album and poor ticket sales. But let’s hope that whatever they decide, be in reconciling or going their separate ways, that their son Max isn’t affected too much.