Angelina Jolie is indisputably an odd bird she once wore a vial of her ex-husband’s blood around her neck, after all but she draws the line at having a dead bird for a pet. Apparently Shiloh, one of Angelina and Brad Pitt’s six children, asked her mom if she could keep a dead bird that she had found as a pet.
Her mom told her no, but suggested they visit a taxidermist for the next best thing, a stuffed dead bird.
That’s just one of the revelations in a new Vogue interview with the glamorous mom, who talks about her kids, her life with Pitt and more. Here’s some of the more interesting tidbits:
* On Pax, her 6-year-old: “Pax is a better cook than me.”
* On Shiloh, 4: She’s “hilarious”
* On Maddox, at 9 her oldest: “He’s just this little man that’s very supportive of me — it’s like he’s raised me a bit. So I cooked them all breakfast before school this morning, and he has that kind of ‘Thanks, Mom! Good job!’”
* On her big brood: “I only planned for two!”
* On having more kids: “Sometimes you just know as a parent. We felt we could handle more children, and we have a very happy, very full home.”
* On where the family will eventually settle: “Hopefully, they’ll go to high school in Aix-en-Provence. It looks like a great place to be a teenager.”
* On splitting parenting duties with Pitt: “We take turns working. One of us is always at home with the kids always. Taking them out to things and being there with them and bringing them to school or to the set to visit Mommy or Daddy.”
* On all the things said about Shiloh, who is known for liking boy clothes: “I am sure there’s going to be some comment about this, which fortunately I will not read.”
* On Pitt: “When I think about him, I just think of the man who’s such a great friend and such an extraordinary father. And that’s when I fall, you know, when I have my moments of getting — whoarr! — caught up in how much I love him . . . it’s usually when I see him with the children.”