Angelina Jolie is indisputably an odd bird – she once wore a vial of her ex-husband’s blood around her neck, after all – but she draws the line at having a dead bird for a pet. Apparently Shiloh, one of Angelina and Brad Pitt’s six children, asked her mom if she could keep a dead bird that she had found as a pet.
Her mom told her no, but suggested they visit a taxidermist for the next best thing, a stuffed dead bird.
That’s just one of the revelations in a new Vogue interview with the glamorous mom, who talks about her kids, her life with Pitt and more. Here’s some of the more interesting tidbits:
* On Pax, her 6-year-old: “Pax is a better cook than me.”
* On Shiloh, 4: She’s “hilarious”
* On Maddox, at 9 her oldest: “He’s just this little man that’s very supportive of me — it’s like he’s raised me a bit. So I cooked them all breakfast before school this morning, and he has that kind of ‘Thanks, Mom! Good job!’”
* On her big brood: “I only planned for two!”
* On having more kids: “Sometimes you just know as a parent. We felt we could handle more children, and we have a very happy, very full home.”
* On where the family will eventually settle: “Hopefully, they’ll go to high school in Aix-en-Provence. It looks like a great place to be a teenager.”
* On splitting parenting duties with Pitt: “We take turns working. One of us is always at home with the kids – always. Taking them out to things and being there with them and bringing them to school or to the set to visit Mommy or Daddy.”
* On all the things said about Shiloh, who is known for liking boy clothes: “I am sure there’s going to be some comment about this, which fortunately I will not read.”
* On Pitt: “When I think about him, I just think of the man who’s such a great friend and such an extraordinary father. And that’s when I fall, you know, when I have my moments of getting — whoarr! — caught up in how much I love him . . . it’s usually when I see him with the children.”