Benjamin Millepied: Five Things About Natalie Portman's Baby DaddyTheMommyologist
Benjamin Millepied and Natalie Portman announced some exciting news today! Not only did they get engaged, but Natalie Portman and Benjamin Millepied are also expecting their first child together…Natalie is pregnant! The baby is due sometime in 2011.
Natalie Portman met Benjamin Millepied on the set of her new hit movie, Black Swan. Millepied was a choreographer for Black Swan and the two began dating during filming.
Other than being Natalie Portman’s fiancee and baby daddy, who is Benjamin Millepied? Here are five things to know about him:
1. Benjamin Millepied is a formal dancer with the New York City ballet. He is French, having been born in Bordeaux, France.
2. Millepied began dancing at the young age of eight, and between the ages of 13 and 16 he studied at the Conservatoire National in Lyon, France.
3. He earned a scholarship from the French Ministry to study ballet at the School of American Ballet in 1993.
4. Benjamin joined the New York City Ballet in 1995 and became principal dancer in 2002.
5. Other than choreographing Black Swan, he has also choreographed for the American Ballet Theater and City Ballet.
Photo: Pacific Coast News