After the recent announcement that Ashlee Simpson filed from divorce from Pete Wentz, I wanted to know more about him.
All I really knew about him as that he is a singer for a band, and that he’s a good dog owner.
So here are five facts about 31-year-old Pete Wentz.
1. He is best known best known for being the bassist and primary lyricist for the cool band Fall Out Boy. But after the announcement of Fall Out Boy’s indefinite hiatus (aka split?), he formed another musical group called Black Cards.
2. Wentz married Ashlee Simpson in Encino, California on May 17, 2008 at Simpson’s parents’ residence. On May 28, 2008, they made the announcement that they were expecting their first child, Bronx Mowgli Wentz, who was born on November 20, 2008.
3. Wentz has bipolar disorder, and has taken medication for this condition since he was 18. In February 2005, Wentz attempted suicide by taking an overdose of the anxiety medication, and spent a week in the hospital.
4. Wentz is a supporter of Invisible Children, an organization dedicated helping the cause of displaced refugees in Uganda. When he discovered the struggle of the children in Uganda, he said that he: “felt sad and I realized that I hadn’t felt sad for something outside of myself or one of my friends in a really long time.”
5. Wentz appeared in the season 5 episode of CSI: NY, “Point Of No Return”, along with wife Ashlee.
What else do you know about Pete Wentz? What do you think about his divorce from Ashlee Simpson?