Beyonce's Pregancy Sets a Twitter Record with Baby News!Sunny Chanel
Good news travels fast, and apparently there is no where faster than on Twitter.
With it’s 140 characters or less messages like MTV’s “OMG Beyonce just made a huge announcement on the #vma carpet! #baby!!!!!” hit the social media network and hit it hard. The news of Beyonce being pregnant has set a second for Twitter with the most tweets being sent per second than ever before. How many and who did Beyonce beat out for this honor?
Twitter PR department wrot: “Last night at 10:35pm ET, Beyonce’s big MTV #VMA moment gave Twitter a record bump: 8,868 Tweets per second.” The other big Twitter traffic spikes? They were:
- 7,196 tweets were sent per seond during the Women’s World Cup final between Japan and the United States in July.
- 7,166 tweets per second were sent when Brazil lost to Paraguay in the Copa America.
- 6,939 tweets per second when Tokyo rang in the New Year.
- 5,530 tweets per second were sent after the March 11th earthquake that rocked Japan.
- More than 5,000 tweets per second were sent after Osama Bin Laden’s death.
So Beyonce and Jay Z’s baby news beat out the record holder by over 1500 tweets a second. Their baby ain’t even born yet and it’s setting records!