We’re just a few hours from learning who won “Dancing with the Stars” 2010, but here’s who deserves to win: Kyle Massey. He’s not as elegant as Brandy (RIP) or natural as Jennifer Grey, who has been favored to win since week one.
But to me, he’s what “DWTS” is all about: Improvement, growth and entertainment. Here’s five reasons he deserves to win:
1. He is the most entertaining dancer. I absolutely defy you not to smile when he’s performing.
2. He is the most improved. Jennifer is great, but she had dance experience coming in and hasn’t grown nearly as much as Kyle. His footwork was sloppy to start but neat and clean now. And his lines and posture have also improved.
3. He’s grown tremendously – and that’s not a dig at his weight (there he’s actually shrunk). He was the class clown at the start of the competition, but a few weeks ago he really started taking this seriously. It’s been fun to watch this teen mature.
4. He never complains. Unlike Bristol (about the haters) and Jennifer (about her knee).
5. He really put himself into the freestyle dance. I like the freestyles that show some personality, even when it’s risky. That’s what Kyle did, and why he should be rewarded.
Who do you think should win?
Other recent posts by ToniFitz76: