We all know Darren Criss from his character on Glee, Blaine. Blaine is a gay student from rival school Dalton Academy. Last night, Blaine and Kurt shared a sweet kiss on last night’s episode, and people everywhere want to learn more about who Darren Criss is now.
So just who is Darren Criss? Here are 5 things you may not know about the Glee actor:
1. Criss played the role of Harry Potter in A Very Potter Musical (AVPM), which went viral on YouTube and he played the same role in A Very Potter Sequel as well. He also wrote half of the songs himself for AVPM and he wrote them all for A Very Potter Sequel! You can check out the YouTube video below.
2. Criss is 24 years old, and was born in San Francisco. At the age of ten, he made his first professional stage debut in 42nd Street Moon’s 1997 production of Fanny in the role of Cesario.
3. Glee was not his first television appearance. He also had a role as the character ‘Josh’ in the television series Eastwick and guest starred on Cold Case.
4. Criss released a self-produced EP Human on iTunes in the summer of 2010, and it debuted at No. 30 on Billboard’s Top Heatseekers Albums, and reached the iTunes Top 20 Alternative charts!
5. Criss actually auditioned for the role of Finn on Glee!
Photo: PR Photos