You’d think we knew everything about former President George W. Bush, considering he grew up the son of a vice president and later became president of the United States. But his new book “Decision Points” has some meaty revelations in it about this father of two, which people on both sides of the aisle will find interesting, no matter what they think of him personally.
Here’s five of the most interesting revelations from his new book:
1. His mother, Barbara, had a miscarriage and showed her young son the fetus of the miscarried baby in a jar, which evidently helped shape Bush’s lifelong pro-life stance. (I like Barbara a lot, but I find that supremely weird and kind of feel bad for him that can’t be an easy thing to see.)
2. He poured vodka in the bowl of his sister Doro’s fish when he was young, killing it.
3. He appears ready to rid himself of the media’s “big dummy” label, insisting he once read 110 books in a year and he read 14 biographies of Abraham Lincoln while in office. (By comparison, I read perhaps a book or two a month; but I am not leader of the free world. You’d think that would leave much less downtime for reading.)
4. The worst moment of his presidency was when Kanye West called him out on a Hurricane Katrina special.
5. He had no idea John McCain was going to suspend his presidential campaign for a summit with Bush on the economy McCain did it without setting anything up.
What do you think will you read the book?