Scoot over, 10-year-old opera singer Jackie Evancho: You’ve got some competition for the child prodigy tag on “America’s Got Talent,” 12-year-old dancers Anna Kaczmarski and Patryk Ploszay. Anna and Patryk are ballroom veterans who have been dancing together for three years, and like Evancho, they perform well beyond their years.
They competed on last night’s “America’s Got Talent” semifinals, and tonight they’ll find out if they made the finals, with five of last night’s 10 acts moving on.
Though judge Howie Mandel has called these two kids “creepy,” last night he toned down his criticism, and Piers Morgan loves them. I imagine they will move to the finals. So who exactly are these two? Read on for more about Anna and Patryk.
* They began dancing together in January 2007.
* Their first competition was in Columbus, Ohio, in March 2007.
* They competed in the USA Dance National DanceSport Championships earlier this year in the Junior I Latin division.
* They both love video games.
* Patryk’s family immigrated from Poland when he was 7.
* Anna has been dancing since she was 5. (Timeout here to imagine my 5-year-old learning intricate choreography … and no, it’s not working. That’s amazing.)
* Anna’s goal is to appear on “Dancing with the Stars.”
* Patryk wants to pay for college with his winnings if he and Anna win “Talent.”
Here they are in one of their “Talent” performances: