Fighting Gravity: Five Things About the America's Got Talent Sensations Plus VideoToniFitz76
Fighting Gravity took the stage on “America’s Got Talent” last night, and a better name for them might have been defying gravity. The “AGT” semifinalists looked for all the world like an animated act they can’t really be doing these slow-motion dance routines, right? Their parents must be so proud of these innovative college students-turned-performers, because this is really a unique act.
Fighting Gravity’s act consists of wearing glow-in-the-dark clothes, turning on the blacklight, then doing funky things with skateboards and other stage props. I realize this sounds confusing; you really have to see it for yourself to understand keep reading for the video of last night’s performance and also five things about this talented troupe, who hopefully will move onto the semifinals tonight.
1. Fighting Gravity has 13 members.
2. The group is from Virginia Tech, a university in Blacksburg, Va.
3. They’ve all taken a semester off of college so that they can appear on “Talent” and continue performing once this season is over.
4. All 13 performers are members of the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity.
5. They gave their first performance barely a year and a half ago at an annual university wide philanthropy talent show competition.