Five Reasons Why Brad Womack Should Not Be The Next BachelorTheMommyologist
Former Bachelor Brad Womack is definitely causing quite a buzz…and it’s because Reality Steve is reporting that he is actually about to be singed on as the next Bachelor for the upcoming season. Yes, you heard me right…it looks like Brad Womack is going to have his pick of 25 ladies again.
So far, Brad is probably best known for being the only leading man in Bachelor history to get down to the final rose ceremony and leave both girls in tears. Jenni Croft and Deanna Pappas are both happily in love now, but we couldn’t help but feel terrible for them when Womack rejected their affections.
Other than the fact that he’s already had his shot at finding love, marriage, and possibly the mother of his children on the show, here are five other reasons why Brad Womack should not be cast as the next Bachelor.
1. Can anyone say Ty Brown? The handsome guy with the guitar from Ali Fedotowsky’s season of The Bachelorette was supposedly being considered for The Bachelor after runner-up Chris Lambton turned down the gig. A lot of viewers would much rather see Ty fall in love on screen than watch Brad drag his feet again.
2. Brad proved that he scares easily when it comes to commitment. Is it really fair to put 25 more women through the possibility of falling for Brad and then having him bail at the very end?
3. Casting Brad as The Bachelor will give the impression that ABC is totally desperate for ratings. Ali Fedotowsky’s season was the highest watched since Trista Sutter’s, and surely bringing back one of her suitors would be appealing to viewers. I don’t think that ABC has issues with getting people to watch the series.
4. Deanna Pappas and Jenni Croft’s feelings should be considered before Brad is given another shot at The Bachelor. If he does wind up finding a wife at the end of the show, won’t the two of them wonder why they weren’t worthy of his love?
5. We’d all love to see another Bachelor union result in marriage and kids like success story Trista and Ryan Sutter. Considering how flaky Brad was with the women on his first season and how he ran the minute the engagement rings were introduced, we can’t help but wonder what he’ll do if he gets married and his wife gets pregnant. If the ring doesn’t scare him off, then a baby bump will probably make him run for the hills.
We’ll see what happens when the official announcement is made by ABC as to who the next Bachelor will be. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it’s not Brad Womack.