Wearing a lavender chiffon gown with a sweetheart neckline and marabou feather trim was designed by Zac Posen. The dress may or may not appear on several Emmy Worst Dress Lists.
“Mad Men” won the Emmy for outstanding drama for the third year in a row. I’m sure part of the show’s success has to do with Christina.
Who is this sexy Marilyn Monroe-esque starlette? Here are five things we know about Christina.
1. The 35-year-old actress was born in Knoxville, Tennesse and raised in Twin Falls, Idaho, for several years.
2. She was recently named “Best-Looking Woman in America” by Esquire magazine. LOVE that her gorgeous curves have been recognized. Christina is 5’8 and her measurements are reportedly 39-30-39.
3. Although she is known for her red hair and curvy figure, Hendricks is a natural blonde. She began coloring her hair red at the age of ten.
This July, Christina’s hourglass figure was highlighted as a positive influence for women by UK Equalities Minister Lynne Featherstone. “Christina Hendricks is absolutely fabulous…We need more of these role models. There is such a sensation when there is a curvy role model. It shouldn’t be so unusual.”
4. The “Mad Men” actress will also be appearing in ads endorsing London Fog coats and accessories, including a leopard print trench coat for their Fall 2010 campaign, which will appear in fashion magazines this October.
“London Fog is a classic brand, which I love,” Hendricks said. “It also ties in to Mad Men, we used London Fog in the show and this was a nice way to tie everything together. The trench is such an iconic shape for men and women. It works for anyone – it worked in the 1960s and it works now.”
5. Christina is married to 32-year-old American actor Geoffrey Arend who will be appearing in the upcoming medical drama television series Body of Proof, which will air on ABC in Fall 2010.
Rumors were spreading recently that Angelina Jolie was going to play Marilyn Monroe, which proved to be untrue. If anyone should play that role, it should be Christina!