Marc Forgione proved last night that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, and in this case a food metaphor is pretty appropriate! Marc, the son of “Godfather of American Cuisine” Larry Forgione, became the winner of the third season of “The Next Iron Chef” on Food Network with his nontraditional Thanksgiving menu (where was the turkey?!?).
Here’s five things about the winner:
1. He acknowledges his dad’s influence, saying after he won last night, “My dad is very proud of me today.”
2. Along with Christopher Blumlo, he owns a self-titled restaurant on Reade Street in NYC.
3. His restaurant got two stars from the New York Times.
4. After watching his dad, he also learned to cook with famed chefs Patricia Yeo and Laurent Tourondel.
5. He began working in restaurant kitchens at age 16.
What do you think — did the right chef win?
Photo: Food Network
Other recent posts by ToniFitz76: