So maybe the next time President Barack Obama takes to the basketball court, he should try something a little safer, like a game of H.O.R.S.E. with daughters Sasha and Malia! Obama received 12 stitches after being elbowed during a game with Reggie Love, his personal assistant who played ball at Duke University, as well as the president’s nephew and Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Did Love throw the elbow that blooded Obama? Here’s the answer, plus five other things about this Washington, D.C., resident.
1. He majored in political science and public policy at Duke.
2. He played on the Duke football and basketball teams.
3. He tried out for the NFL but did not make it.
4. He began working for Obama in 2005, and the president has nicknamed him his “iReggie” because he is in charge of Obama’s books, music and newspapers.
5. He didn’t throw the elbow that sent his boss for stitches. It was Rey Decerega, an employee of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute.
Photo: White House file photo
Other recent posts by ToniFitz76: