There is some strange rumor going around today that celebrity chef Giada De Laurentiis is dating John Mayer, and the reports are totally bogus. Giada De Laurentiis has been happily married to husband Todd Thompson since 2003, and they’ve actually been together for over 20 years…since 1989! Giada and Todd also have a daughter together, Jade, who was born in 2008.
If anything, the whole John Mayer rumor is probably just wishful thinking on his part. He’s gone after practically every celebrity in Hollywood, so maybe he figures it’s time to move on to the mom crowd. Whatever.
Other than Giada De Laurentiis being a whiz in the kitchen and a wife and mom, here are five other things you may not know about her:
1. She comes from a famous family, and her grandfather is film producer Dino De Laurentiis, and her grandmother is Italian film star, Silvana Mangano.
2. Giada is a true Italian, having been born in Rome, Italy! She and her mother and siblings moved to Los Angeles in 1970 after her parents divorced.
3. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Social Anthropology from UCLA.
4. She currently hosts Giada At Home on the Food Network, and is also famous for her Food Network show, Everyday Italian.
5. Giada also owns her own catering business, called GDL foods.
It sure would be fun to have her cater a party!