Gisele Bundchen is back to her supermodel ways. The new mom can be seen gracing the cover of the April issue of Vogue looking just as she did pre-baby. Pretty impressive just months after giving birth to her baby Benjamin.
In a feature in the magazine she talked baby, birthing and her body. Check out what she said here.
• On her son Benjamin Rein’s name: “I wanted him to be called River because I wanted something always flowing, immortal. My husband said, ‘There’s no way we’re going to call him River.’ But my father’s name is Reinoldo, so it’s a homage to him. And it’s like water.”
• For her water birth, she had a midwife friend of hers come up from Brazil. Her mom was there as well as hubby Tom Brady. She said she meditated through the birthing process saying. “”It was the most amazing experience of my life, feeling him come through my body. And once he was born, I never felt so empowered as looking at him and thinking, Oh, my God, we did it together!”
• On staying healthy while being pregnant: “I did kung fu up until two weeks before Benjamin was born, and yoga three days a week. I think a lot of people get pregnant and decide they can turn into garbage disposals. I was mindful about what I ate, and I gained only 30 pounds.”
• The day after her son Benajmin was born, she was up and about cooking and wandering around their apartment. She had her mom stay with them to help with thr newborn saying “”I don’t trust anyone else with Benjamin.”
• She regained her million dollar body soon after. To get back into shape she did some yoga in her living room. Plus she has always been in shape so she credits her body’s “muscle memory.”