Let’s talk Heather Morris on Glee. How terrific was she as Britney Spears? Some Glee fans were disappointed in the Glee Britney/Brittany storyline, but Heather Morris was definitely on fire.
Who is Heather Morris? Here are 5 things about Heather Morris that you may or may not have known.
1. Heather auditioned for So You Think You Can Dance season 2, but didn’t make the cut for top 20 (missed it by one vote!).
2. Morris danced backup for Beyonce that’s no small gig! Heather was part of Beyonce’s “The Beyoncé Experience” and danced as part of a Single Ladies mini-promotional tour, which even landed her on the Grammys, where she danced backup to Beyonce and Tina Turner.
3. Morris has danced on other TV shows, including Swingtown and Eli Stone, and is in the movie Bedtime Stories.
4. Morris said she based her Brittany character on Amanda Seyfried’s character, Karen, in Mean Girls: “If you watch a sitcom and see a dumb girl, the actress is usually overplaying her dumbness. With Karen, she legitimately doesn’t understand. She’s like a little kid who says, ‘I don’t get it.’ It’s funnier to me to play Brittany as not super stupid, but really innocent.”
5. Heather Morris originally joined Glee as a dancer to help friend/choreographer Zach Woodlee teach Chris Colfer and the cast the Single Ladies dance. She ended up being cast as the mostly silent Cheerio cheerleader, but over time, she became a full-time series regular.
Heather Morris backup dancer with Beyonce (video):
Heather Morris “I’m a Slave 4 U”:
Morris with Naya Rivera “Me Against the Music”:
Glee cast “Toxic”: