About a half hour after Hilaria Baldwin announced the birth of her daughter with Ireland’s dad Alec Baldwin, Ireland posted a hilarious, honest, brutal, and totally touching open letter to her little sister Carmen on her Tumblr page.
The 17-year-old gave ten pointers to her newborn sister that included the following tidbits (she had lengthy explanations for each one- we just gave a highlight):
1. REMEMBER THAT YOUR PARENTS WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU. As a kid, you forget that sometimes.
2. WALK AWAY. This applies to arguments. Especially with your parents.
3. ENJOY YOUR CHILDHOOD AND YOUR TEENAGE YEARS!!!! I grew up way too fast. I always hung out with an older crowd.
4. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. Just remember, the happiest girl in the room is the prettiest girl. By projecting your inner beauty, you will shine.
5. ALCOHOL, WEED, AND PARTIES, OH MY! When you want to try your first drink, it should be with me.
6. DON’T SAY YES TO EVERYTHING. Learn how to say no to plans. Do what you want to do and what you think will be worth it.
7. TELL THE TRUTH. The truth will set you free. Lying is for cowards.
8. BE CAREFUL WHO YOU TRUST. You have parents who are in the public eye. A lot of people are going to want to be your friend because of it. Don’t buy everyone dinner or tickets to the One Direction reunion concert because you feel obligated to do it. Make sure your friends love you for who YOU are, Carmen. NO other reason
9. SCHOOL IS COOL. Ok. School SUCKS. Like….SUUUUUUUCKS. Trust me. I know. It is hard. Luckily, you’ve got two incredibly smart parents who will help you with all your homework and studying. Dad is a man of impeccable wisdom in history and language arts. He will get you through. Stick it through, kid!
10. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUN… BOYS. They will drive you insane. In the beginning, they’ll tease you and pull your hair and tie your shoe laces together. Don’t worry though. They aren’t being dicks. Surprisingly, they are flirting with you. Weird right?!?!
I love you, Carmen. You have been born into one crazy family. You are both lucky and cursed at the same time. We are going to have so much fun together. I can’t wait to meet you soon. I promise you I will always be there for you no matter what! Never forget!
- Your big sister,
Photo Source: PacificCoastnews.com