Jesse James' New Girlfriend: 10 Things About Kat Von DLulu and Moxleys Mom
Let it never be said Jesse James doesn’t have a type. With beloved, spurned ex Sandra Bullock as the exception, James’ taste seems to veer toward the tattooed and unconventional. And new girlfriend Kat Von D is no exception. Who is she and is she good step-mom material for James’ kids? Here are 10 facts:
1. She is a Mexican-born American tattoo artist and television personality who is best known for the TLC reality show Miami Ink. A subsequent TLC series LA Ink, premiered in 2007 in the United States and the UK.
2. She was born Katherine Drachenber in Monterrey, Mexico, on March 8, 1982. This makes her 28 years old, 18 years Sandra Bullock’s junior.
3. She quit school at 14 to become a tattoo artist.
5. She is a classically trained pianist who started playing at the age of 6. Which might explain her fascination with Beethoven.
6. Her love of music doesn’t only include classical music. She like the hard stuff too and has tattoos honoring the following bands: Misfits, HIM, Turbonegro, ZZ Top, Guns N Roses, AC/DC, Slayer, Mike Got Spiked and Slutallica, a modified Metallica logo.
7. She dated Nikki Sixx of Motely Crue for several years. The relationship ended in January of this year.
8. She was once married to fellow tattoo artist Oliver Peck, known for an interesting mustache as well as his tattoos.
9. On her favorite of her tattoos: “I love the stars on my face just because it’s my little trademark now. I’ve been a big Motley Crüe fan and “Starry Eyes” is my favorite song on my favorite album. I started off with one star and kept adding. Everybody would tell me Stop, you’re tattooing your face’ and You’re going to f*ck yourself up.’ Now, it’s more like a symbol of how you can still be a female all tattooed and still be feminine. Aside from my stars, I really like the portraits of my father; he’s my hero.”
10. She might not be great step-mom material. In a 2009 interview, she discussed how she doesn’t want babies and related a rather disturbing story about her and Jackass’s Steve-O discussing how much they never want to have kids. It involves a vulgar tattoo that Steve-O later had to get revised.