Jessica Pare may be the luckiest woman in Hollywood right now: She’s contractually obligated to kiss Jon Hamm for at least another season. Last night Pare’s character, secretary Megan, accepted Don Draper’s surprise marriage proposal on the season finale of “Mad Men.”
Here’s five things about the promising and, up till now, little-known actress, including her family background, where you’ve seen her before and what she thinks about working with kids on the “Mad Men” set.
1. She is from Montreal and has a big family – her father had eight siblings. Dad is chair of a department at McGill University, while her mom is a translator. (Pare speaks fluent French.)
2. She played Courtney Benedict on the short-lived WB series “Jack & Bobby.”
3. In 1990, at age 8, she appeared in the “Baby Sitters Club” TV series. (Pretty much ensuring I think she is awesome—loved those books!)
4. It was another nine years before she got an on-screen acting job, this one in the TV movie “Bonanno: A Godfather’s Story.”
5. She loves acting with the kids on the “Mad Men” set, telling AMCTV.com, “I always like to joke on sets when I’m working with kids that they’re really unprofessional, but I think these guys were more professional than I am.”