First drawings. There isn’t anything quite like the feeling of your child showing you a piece of paper with “It’s a…” and you suddenly realize that’s exactly what it is. A wonderfully proud moment. We usually share these immediately with friends and family, but today I wanted to share with them with all of you – from other parents you may or may not know on social media.
These made me laugh and cry, each had a story behind them. What touched me the most was how every one remembered what their child drew and why – and was so proud of it they took a picture and/or saved it. Little faces, first animals, and moments children experienced loss – they’re all here.
Thank you to each of you who sent these to their kids first artwork. It was an honor to be able to put these on Babble Kid for all to see and enjoy too.
Diana blogs at Diana Wrote about her life with a daughter here and three sons in heaven, life as an army wife, and her faith. You can also find her work on Liberating Working Moms, She Reads Truth, The New York Times, Still Standing Magazine, and The Huffington Post. Smaller glimpses into her day are on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
MORE FROM DIANA:
- Theo and Beau: Another Reason Animals are so Good for Kids
- Bella’s 4th Birthday Party in Pictures
- What it Means to Raise a Child in the Military
- Too Many Toys: 15 Unique Gifts for Kids
- 10 Engaging Books about Your Child’s Development and Education
- Reasons to be Thankful: 10 Children’s Books About Thanksgiving
- Our Kid’s First Real Drawing