I’ll be darned if this doesn’t sound like the punchline to an episode of “Punk’d:” Justin Bieber is taking time out of his busy career of making 12-year-old girls swoon to make Hollywood stars swear. Bieber may be the host of the new “Punk’d,” the hidden-camera practical joke show that is being revived by the production company owned by Ashton Kutcher, the host of the original MTV series.
Oh how I wish I were joking, but apparently this is true. Bieber is still negotiating for the part, but I think it would be a huge mistake. Here’s five reasons he should just say no to Ashton:
1. Appearing on “Punk’d” nearly derailed former sweet child star Justin Timberlake’s career remember him crying those crocodile tears when he got punk’d? He’s only now recovering in my eyes.
2. Nobody’s really heard much from Kutcher since he finished his hosting gig. (I mean as an actor. As a cougar chaser and Twitter god, he’s all that; but I’m a little confused as to what practical application being a Twitter god has, besides getting you some camera endorsements. It evidently does not result in hit movies.)
3. The boss-minion relationship will make it all the more awkward when Biebs inevitably passes Ashton for No. 3 most-followed-person on Twitter.
4. It will make it impossible for anyone over 13 to watch “Punk’d” without getting mildly ill.
5. It won’t give Bieber enough time in the studio to record new music. Wait, on second thought … maybe he should accept this gig.