The Pacquiao vs. Margarito fight time kicks off for HBO pay-per-view viewers at 9 p.m. EST. Pacquiao and Margarito will be fighting for the World Super Welterweight Championship title at the Dallas Cowboys stadium.
Here are five things about Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito as we wait for fight time…
1. Manny Pacquiao was born December 17, 1978 and is a seven-division world champion. Pacquiao was the first boxer in history to win nine world titles in seven different weight divisions and was named “Fighter of the Decade” by the Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA). Manny has also been named “Fighter of the Year” for 2006, 2008 and 2009.
2. Pacquiao has talents aside from boxing, which include politics, music and acting.
3. Manny Pacquiao is a congressman in the Philippines.
4. Manny Pacquiao is married to Maria Geraldine “Jinkee” Jamora. They have four children: Emmanuel Jr. “Jimuel”, Michael, Princess, and Queen Elizabeth “Queenie.”
5. Sylvester Stallone reportedly wants Pacquiao to co-star in an upcoming project.
BONUS: Manny Pacquiao sings “Imagine” with Will Ferrell (video):
1. Antonio Margarito, born March 18, 1978, is a former former World Boxing Association, International Boxing Federation, and World Boxing Organization Welterweight champion.
2. Margarito has been married to his wife, Michelle, for 12 years.
3. Antonio and Michelle Margarito do not have children, with Antonio’s focus staying on his boxing career. He once commented, “I just want to feel like I’m ready and secure before we have kids.”
4. Antonio’s interest in boxing came at an early age, when his father took him to see fights beginning at age eight.
5. Margarito’s fight against Shane Mosley in 2009 ended in controversy over a white pasty substance in his hand wraps. The California State Athletic Commission suspended Margarito for one year.