There was quite a buzz earlier this week around whether actress Penelope Cruz was, in fact, pregnant. While filming Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in Puerto Rico, Cruz was spotted with what looked a lot like a baby bump.
Penelope has now confirmed that she is expecting her first child with husband, actor Javier Bardem. The couple is no doubt overjoyed at the news, and I’m sure that Penelope is over the moon about becoming a mother.
Here are five reasons why Penelope Cruz will be a great mom:
1. With her Spanish heritage, there is a great chance that she will speak both Spanish and English to her baby, resulting in one more bilingual tot running around Hollywood. It’s wonderful that she will give her child such a diverse language background.
2. At 36, she is mature, and ready for motherhood. It’s not something that she rushed into, and she took care of her own needs and developed her career first, so she’ll be much more prepared for this big life change.
3. She waited for the right guy to be the father of her child, and she’s found him in Javier Bardem. After dating high profile actors including Tom Cruise and Matthew McConaughey, she held out for her prince charming.
4. She has donated a huge amount of money to charity, and even spent a week working with Mother Teresa in a leprosy clinic. She was so passionate about Mother Teresa’s mission, that she donated her entire salary from her first Hollywood move to help her cause. She also personally sponsors two girls at the clinic.
5. Penelope has always said that she wanted kids, and in addition to her own biological children, she has expressed the desire to adopt as well. She definitely has a lot of love to give.
Congrats to Penelope and Javier on their new addition!