Project Runway Season 8 Winner Gretchen Jones: Five Things About Mrs. MeanToniFitz76
Well, kids, here’s a lesson mom and dad never taught you: Sometimes being mean does pay. Gretchen Jones, aka Mrs. Mean, was named the “Project Runway” season 8 winner last night, defeating fellow finalists Mondo Guerra and Andy South and undoubtedly riling the other contestants who gave her that nickname.
Actually, jokes aside, Jones is probably a good example for your kids in other ways. She was broke and had no house when she got to “Runway,” but with a lot of effort, she made a name for herself with a great collection presented at Fashion Week.
Here’s five things about Jones, including which celebrities she’d love to design for:
1. The name of her label, MothLove, is taken from a Barbara Kingsolver book.
2. This is how she says she was described as a kid: “smart, funny, responsible, skinny.”
3. She lost her smartphone before “Runway” started and couldn’t afford to buy a new one.
4. Her favorite TV shows, aside from “Runway,” are “Mad Men,” “Modern Family” and “Parks and Recreation.”
5. She dreams of designing clothes for Lou Doillon, Chloe Sevigny, Diane Kruger and Alexa Chung.