“Cosby” kid Malcolm Jamal Warner has found a woman who knows what it’s like to be a child star: He’s engaged to Regina King, the tough and gorgeous “Southland” star who, like Malcom, grew up on television as part of “227.” Do you remember her? Regina King played Brenda on that show, Marla Gibbs’ daughter, but the University of Southern California attendee has also had a number of notable film roles since. Here’s five things about Malcolm Jamal Warner’s fiancee, a mother of one from an earlier marriage.
1. She has a son, Ian Alexander Jr., from her decade-long relationship with ex-husband Ian Alexander Sr., which ended in divorce in 2006 amid allegations that he abused and cheated on her.
2. She voices Huey and Riley Freeman on Adult Swim’s awesome show “The Boodocks.”
3. She played Cuba Gooding Jr.’s wife in “Jerry Maguire.”
4. She campaigned for Barack Obama in 2008.
5. She has been nominated for four BET awards, winning once.
Do you love this couple, who have been dating since 2008?
Other recent posts by ToniFitz76: