Remembering Neva Patterson: Five Things About The Late Actress And MomToniFitz76
For those of a certain age (my grandfather’s age), Neva Patterson is best remembered as the woman who played Cary Grant’s beautiful fiancee in “An Affair to Remember.” To those of another age (my age), she’ll forever be the mom in the spooky sci-fi series “V” (the old one; not the new, lamer remake). Patterson died Tuesday at the age of 90 from complications of a broken hip. (The news comes just as we’re learning that Blake Edwards, husband of Julie Andrews, also died). Here’s five things about this remarkable actress, including her favorite memory of Cary Grant.
1. Her daughter, Megan Lee, says the highlight of making “An Affair to Remember” for her mom was kissing Cary Grant on the first day. Yep, that’s a great way to start a new job.
2. She originated the role of Helen Sherman in the Broadway play “The Seven-Year Itch.”
3. She could speak an amazing six languages all of which she taught herself.
4. She played the mom in the original “V” on NBC and its sequel, and she still received fan mail for it at the time of her death.
5. She had two children, six grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Other recent posts by ToniFitz76: